Thanks for tuning into Get Connected Edition Six !
- Twitter, Linkedin, Facebook: JamesSolomonsCA
- Blog: http://jamessolomons.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com
- Web: http://aptusadvisory.com.au
Get Connected – Edition #6, 13 Feb 2016
- Deep Dive Topic – Tips to master the Invoicing process in your business (blog at bottom)
- Productivity Hacks for the week
- Tax Tips – Don’t miss out on claiming depreciation on your rental property
- Tax Tips – Uni graduates heading overseas will still have to pay back HECS
- What is a new customer worth to you
- Decision time is looming for accountants re removal of accountants exemption
- What exactly is a start up !
- Xero Roadshow – February 2016
TOPIC #1 – Productivity Hacks for the week
- http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/252505 5 Digital resources you need to embed in your life right now !
- http://www.developgoodhabits.com/productivity-hacks/ 15 Smart hacks to maximise your productivity
- Zapier now allows for Multi Zaps !
TOPIC #2 – Tax Tips – Don’t miss out on claiming depreciation on your rental property
TOPIC #3 -Tax Tips – Uni graduates heading overseas will still have to pay back HECS
TOPIC #4 – What is a new customer worth to you
TOPIC #5 – Decision time is looming for accountants re removal of accountants exemption
TOPIC #6 – What exactly is a start up !
TOPIC #7 – Xero Roadshow – February 2016
- Report by Digital First on Feb Roadshow and XeroHQ https://www.digitalfirst.com/xero-wants-tax-work-going-get/
DEEP DIVE TOPIC – Tips on how to master the invoicing function in your business
The deep dive topic for today is about invoicing and more specifically tips to help you improve your involving processes
- Need to be part of your workflows (Peter example). Integrate it into your business process, don’t make it an after though
- Invoice as soon as the work is done or as soon as the agreed milestone for work completion is reached
- Need to look great and tie in with your brand
- Need to be sent online or accessible online
- Need to contain all the relevant details of the service or product
- Need to have payment terms clearly displayed
- Need to make it easy for your clients to pay
- Need to think about encouraging early payment
- Need to have a follow up system for late payers
The overlay to all of this is to let technology do the heavy lifting where you can. Automation and removing of double or sometimes even triple entry is a must to streamline the process
Engage an expert on setting up systems to help you nail this part of your business.
Links to Xero Small Business Guides covering Invoicing
How to nail invoice management 7 min read
How to streamline your invoicing process 9 min read
11-step invoice checklist to get paid faster 4 min read
Create an invoice that’s accurate: 12 ideas 7 min read
The benefits of online invoicing 7 min read
Invoice payment terms: Top seven tips 6 min read
Why the best invoicing software is easy to use 3 min read